Monday, November 25, 2013

S.O.U. in Commerce Texas

Strange, odd and unusual in Commerce, Texas...

I have tried to pay attention to the things that go on in our City government for the past 15 years. One thing I've never seen:
A City Council Workshop held at a private residence.

It was held on November 15, 2013 (a Friday evening at 5:30) and was to discuss tourism and city events. Click Here for the Notice.

How many people knew of the workshop? Never in paper; never to my knowledge promoted by the Commerce Tourism Director even though when hired by the City of Commerce she said: “I’m here to bring new excitement and new events for Commerce. I want to have more involvement from citizens and seniors to help make the city a place where people want to live and play.”

If the majority of Commerce doesn't know of the meeting, how can you have “more involvement?”

No comments:

Post a Comment