Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Confession Is Good For The Soul

I hate to admit it, but I was wrong.

Actually, I was in error about TWO things! I think it only fair and fitting that I own up to those mistakes. 

In a previous blog, I said the application for the Certified Retirement Community designation for Commerce was unfinished and still sitting at City Hall.  Today, I came to find out that on the 21st of August, Commerce has been designated as a Certified Retirement Community. Hooray! Let the church bells ring.

Second error, also about the Certified Retirement Community designation. I stated it had been a 7 year long process. In actuality, it only took 6 years, 2 months and 2 days; 2222 total, but who's counting.

You'd think I would've known better since I was originally appointed to the committee (City Council Meeting Minutes from June 19, 2007).  Math was never my strong suit. I plugged the dates into Google to get the answer.  Man, if only Google were around when I was growing up.


Well, it's off to do 3 hail Mary's, 2 our fathers, oh but wait, I'm not Catholic. 



1 comment:

  1. You blog serves a public purpose. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete