Thursday, August 22, 2013

Commerce and the Combo Meal

Should Commerce consider going a combination 4A & 4B EDC?  I need to do more research on this but I believe in essence the voters could dedicated part of the Sales Tax Revenues to be set aside for 4A projects and part for 4B. 108 Cities are 4A; 361 Cities are 4B; 114 Cities are a combination. 

The older I get, the less I believe in coincidence.  Recently, I posted on the Cowboys and their move to Frisco. Yesterday morning, here in Commerce, I met the man the street is named after where their facility will be built.   In research yesterday afternoon for my next blog (as well as answering a FB question) come to find out that Frisco has both 4A & 4B. 

So is 4A/4B something Commerce should consider?  Would it accomplish the goals of both sides? Ensure money is there when the next industry comes along but guarantees some of the sales tax will be spent on quality of life improvements?  

Combo meals are the way to go at a fast food joint; Is a combo the way to go for Commerce?

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment